Tuesday, June 6, 2017

I've missed you, World Wide Web-sters




Yes! It HAS been a really, really long time since I've blogged and shared.

Last fall, I had the chance to come visit my folks and with my parents getting older, hubby and I decided it would be best if I could stay around and help out.So I'm settled in a little house on the prairie - no kidding - in Kansas. The four room house was built in 1891 and has had a couple of rooms added since. There's a small Amish settlement just outside of town and a farmer's market on weekends.

There's a woodchuck living under the shed, and I've seen wild turkeys, armadillos, red squirrels, cardinals, blue jays, orioles, red-headed woodpeckers, and a small barn owl on the land.

My favorite are the fireflies that rise from their underground homes at dusk. It looks like the ground is sending sparks up, there are so many.


There are wonders on this almost acre, like this Victorian tin ceiling tile tacked to the side of the old shed.

Family has kept me busy. My dad got sick shortly after I arrived and my mom is glad to have a daughter nearby for help.

I have managed to keep meeting magazine project deadlines. In May, I started to create new patterns and projects for my Etsy shop and am happy to share them with you. 

Some have been made for the shop and some I designed for craft magazines and the rights have reverted back to me.


If you subscribe to the newsletter, check your email. The weekly newsletter is being revived from hibernation. 

Please enjoy a stroll through the Etsy shop, the free tutorials on the blog, and Embroidery School. It's nice to be settled and have the opportunity to hand-make and share lovely things again. 

Best of all, it's nice to be home enjoying the simple joy of family time.

No comments:

Post a Comment