Monday, November 12, 2012

All about the Steam

Steampunk. 'Nuff said.

It's brilliant. Creative. Endlessly fascinating.

I've been reading steam novels for the last couple of years. Some of my favorites include Gail Carriger's Parasol Protectorate series, Philip Reeves' Mortal Engines series, Scott Westerfeld's steam series beginning with Leviathan, a highly disturbing and endless novel called the Glass Books of the Dream Eaters and its sequel, Dark Volume. The list goes on and on.

I've tried so many times to switch over to a mainly steampunk wardrobe, but I always end up in black. Once you go goth, you never go back. Maybe it's just easier to do laundry when it's all black or jeans.


In the meantime, I had been saving up bits and bobs to make a steampunk sweaterdoll. I love this pattern. The doll can look like practically anything!




No comments:

Post a Comment